Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hello and Welcome!

Hello everyone, this is my very first post to my brand new Blog site!  I'm so excited to finally be here and hope you all will follow along with me!

I just submitted a beautiful new design to Art Bead Scene Blog for their June 2014 Challenge. The Organizers of ABS have chosen a wonderful painting by Marianne North for the Challenge.  So colorful and inspiring, an awesome woman and life.



Please head over to ABS artbeadscene.blogspot.com to learn more about the artist, to view the artwork, and to see the excellent creations that are sure to be submitted for June. There are also lots of great free tutorials and many design techniques offered by the ABS team!   Hopefully, you will be able to see my bracelet there, if accepted!  Keep your fingers crossed!  :)

Also, I have a new Etsy Shop named ABeadsLife.

I am filling it with pieces made by 'yours truly'! My spin on jewelry: combine gorgeous vintage beads and components of 'times past' with the truly amazing selection of beads available on the market today.  When we talk about Vintage beads, these are at least 40-50 years old in my pieces.  These are either gorgeous new original stock beads (sometimes called NOS) or those that have been so lovingly cared for they are just like brand-new!   These pieces are so rich and full of history, made with a feeling of a bygone era.  To bring vintage and new together, I love to use natural components like Irish waxed linen, silver and copper.  I also try to include new Art Bead treasures from the many wonderful Artists you can also find at Etsy.  My mission is to list these fabulous Artists in the pieces I create, in order to provide the Artist with tons of credit for their masterpieces and to give you more shopping fun!.

Please take a look at etsy.com to see and purchase my pieces, and watch my Blog grow here!

No comments:

Post a Comment