Monday, July 28, 2014

On your mark....


It's almost time for Blog Hop and Challenge 'reveals'....  Yay!  I've been busy creating.

On Thursday, I will reveal my AJE July Component of the Month creation.  One of Francesca Watson's beautiful glass cabochon's was the focal inspiration.  I received the piece towards the top left-of-center in the picture, triangular-shaped, with coppery and shimmery green colors:


Hint: my piece is vibrant green and incorporates lovely sari silk with gorgeous vintage beads from beadbrats at Etsy. It was like these 3 components were made for each other, right from the beginning.

On Saturday, it's time to reveal my Haberdashery Blog Hop creations! I made several pieces, all using the same 'technique', but each with a different color-way or with different bead assortments. It was a first time for me to try this 'technique'...I've always been a bit scared of it before. However, this Hop gave me the courage to try. It was also really amazing to see how much a design could change by using different sizes, shapes and textures of beads, even tho I kept the foundation elements exactly the same.  Quite an eye-opener for me.

Hint: here's a picture of a few of my design elements.  I've had a real love-affair with peanut beads recently (these came from Fusion Beads). The DMC floss was one of those spur-of-the-moment purchases from A.C.Moore Arts and Crafts Store during a recent trip home to visit family.  A few more skeins of floss in my stash can't hurt, right?  OK..can't say more until Saturday...


I want to send a loud shout-out to AJE/Francesca Watson and to Melissa Trudinger/beadrecipies for these wonderful opportunities!  Thank you!

GET SET......GET READY.....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment